The port to libGDX is working rather well now. I am getting the hang of it too! Most of the auxiliary screens are on the new system and it runs so smooth. I am currently working on getting the main game screen to use the new graphics and input system.
- New file system.
- The game kind of “installs” itself now, so it should be distributed as a single ‘.jar’ now.
- Game options are saved in a preferences (xml) file. On Windows: C:\Users\[UserName]\.prefs\Fief_Options.xml
- Game data files are saved in a user accessible directory. On Windows: C:\User\[UserName]\Fief
- This change primarily allows data accessibility for a possible Android version of the game.
- Packaged textures!
- The ruleset images now reside in different directories that are packaged into a texture atlas for each category.
- This will greatly reduce texture binding calls on the GPU as each texture page is bound only once for all its draw actions on each render cycle.