A scattering of fresh red currants adds a pop of bright colour and tartness to classic French yogurt cake.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh red currants
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour the cups of a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, eggs and canola oil until smooth and well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest, and stir until the batter is smooth and silky. Pour into the prepared tin, dividing evenly between the cups. Scatter berries on top of the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are pale gold and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of one loaf. You may need to add another 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Let cool on a rack for 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out and let cool completely before serving.