This is a personal recipe I have developed over the years. It is plenty spicy, while creating an enriching tomato-based broth. The plenty of vegetables ensures a healthy stew.
1x Large onion, diced
1x Large Green Bell Pepper, diced
1x Large Red Bell Pepper, diced
2x cloves of minced garlic
4x Jalepeno peppers, cored and diced
2x 16oz cans diced tomatoes, one “fire roasted” if possible
1x 15oz can kidney beans
1x 15oz can chili beans
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 pack bison summer sausage, finely diced
3 Tbsp brown sugar
4x Tbsp chili powder
48 fl.oz. tomato/veggie juice (spicy)
1) Heat up dutch oven/pot over medium heat and saute the onions.
2) Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
3) Add the bell pepeprs, garlic, and jalepenos and saute, letting the flavors merge.
4) Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
5) Turn down the heat to a low simmer and let simmer for at least an hour.
This chili has a bit of a kick and tastes best after a night in the refrigerator.